DE / EN
Awakening Women Rotating Header Image

The return of the Goddess will not feed or satisfy the ego

1503813_797166970298275_794474520_n

There is a lot of talk about feminine awakening and empowerment these days, and one of the pitfalls I see playing itself out in the collective right now, is that the old paradigm of competition and greed, of “more-for-me” has learned to mimic the deep feminine.

With that I mean that there is a danger that we use the language and the imagery of the feminine to feed the old patterns of ambition and endless improvement. Now we are not only being told that we should be better and smarter and richer, we should also “find our inner Goddess”, get our “tantra on”, be more radiant,  we should “do” the feminine perfectly.

The return of the Goddess will not feed or satisfy the ego. The essence of Her teaching is to slowly–or abruptly–restore a humbleness towards the totality of Her manifestation. We learn to embrace the paradox of life in which both the light and the dark are fully welcomed as intrinsic dimensions of life, of who we are.

The feminine embodiment practices offer us the possibility to be instruments of the unfathomable healing power of the feminine. We can restore a balance and wholeness in our world. For that to happen, we have to break the trance that we have been living in for too long, and be willing to listen to a deeper voice from within.

This voice does not speak in loud and clever quick-fix concepts, it speaks in a language we may have forgotten. But when we hear it, we know it just as intimately as our own breath.

It is a deep sense of homecoming, and in this homecoming, we can be a home to others:
we can be a home to the world.

~ Chameli Ardagh

Photo: Bibbie Friman

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

15 Comments

1. Shawn Van Meter Blount says:

Such perceptive thoughts! I have been feeling this for a while….”girl power” celebrated as so much doing and accomplishing and achieving. People seem to forget the power of just “being”. I found myself when I stopped worrying about what I was going to do and started worrying about who I was going to be.

2. Kerry Bray says:

Yes I completely resonate with what you write, a lot of the feminine path for me hasn’t even been pretty- it has been dark and I have felt stripped naked and vulnerable at times, it isn’t a path for the faint hearted, even though the feminine can be full of compassion and motherly she can also be fierce and wild- in one dream I felt the primal fear of the lamb faced by the tiger- but the animal was a crocodile in the dream! I loved reading your book- you speak in such an authentic real voice- you can feel it is comes a place of having walked the path and not at all just the latest trend-<3

3. Lunacyassailam says:

genghis Khan, was the godess..the common people dont understand

4. […] return of the Goddess will not feed or satisfy the ego.” Oh, indeed, indeed. And here’s how to have more […]

5. bertie schramm says:

Thank you so much for this post. I have been feeling this way in my community of women artists. The theme is so saturated with being the Goddess within and taking back all that has been stolen…get your glitter on, etc. It just seems like we are playing the same old song with different words…or a new cookie cutter woman. Trying too hard, comparing ourselves and losing the deep mystery that is there for us all. It has started to feel like a gimmick and that makes me very sad. Life is not all sunshine and rainbows and women should be supported and not pressured to feel that if they have a dark day, they are somehow not being a “good goddess”. Anyway, I am grateful to read some refreshing words for my soul…blessings to you.

1. awakeningwomen says:

Bertie I am so glad that we have inspired the Goddess within…Helen AWI team

6. Mei says:

Thanks for the above, so true …
    Quote:”The essence of Her teaching is to slowly–or abruptly–restore a humbleness towards the totality of “Her” manifestation”.

I experience “a humbleness towards the totality of Manifestation”, surely more and more aware of the Her that I missed so long. And yet I see that manifestation (to me) goes beyond the “His or Her”. Not “Mine”/not “His”? We could make some mistake;-)
    Duality is overcome in The Divine Child? 1 + 1 = 3 on heigher level?

And than “We learn to embrace the paradox of life in which both the light and the dark are fully welcomed as intrinsic dimensions of life, of who we are”..

1. awakeningwomen says:

So true, Mei, so true. Thank you.

7. Mirella says:

Amen!! I’m so happy to read this. Embracing our inner Goddess means that we join together as sisters to support and uplift each other so that we can collectively work for the greater good of all.

1. awakeningwomen says:

And so it is!

8. So true! It becomes even weirder when women starts competing with each other about being “more Goddess” and so easy to get caught up in conflict, loosing the whole point. I find more and more that it is a feeling, an experience, a calling back to roots and soul that can’t be described by words, but have its strength in silence, not by being silenced, but in the silence coming from inner knowing and standing still in it.
    Aloha,
    /Alexandra

1. awakeningwomen says:

That is so very true, Alexandra. Thank you.

9. Julz says:

Nga mihi ka tika ou whakaaro. I acknowledge your sentiments when you stated. “This voice does not speak in loud and clever quick -fix concepts, it speaks in a language we may have forgotten but when we hear it, we know it just as intimately as our own breath.

It is a deep sense of home coming, and in this home coming, we can be a home to others:
    we can be a home to the world.

10. Stefan Lönn says:

Enormously perceptive of an Unnecessary hazard.
    So spot on!

11. Michelle Henry says:

Thank you for this post, this voices a concern of mine that has steered me away from any goddess circles and work. I see so much outer mask, and clothing and types involved that voice statements through their image. This has confused me greatly and I live in an area which has a strong representation of the ego in the goddess and the spiritual. So much that I have after 25 years moved to a place where it is more down to earth. I still totally seek the strength of the inner feminine and the anchoring of the mother energy here to bring back the balance.