I remember reading a quote from a giant motivational speaker, saying: “you have to improve yourself every single day!” I don’t know about you but I get exhausted just by reading those words…
In my Feminine I know, in intimate ways, how nature moves in cycles.
Even when it looks like nothing is happening, or no obvious improvement is taking place, she knows that important processes are unfolding.
As Awakening Women we learn to listen and honor the pauses: the silence. We know that everything has its own time and rhythm and when we learn to dance with this, it saves us a lot of struggle.
You cannot force the seed to sprout before it is ready, but even in the winter time, deep underneath the earth, important growth is taking place.
In the same way when the time comes, and the big wave is rolling in, you want to be ready to jump on and surf it! We all know the pain of sitting on the beach procrastinating, watching the wave roll out without us…
What cyclic phase are you currently in? To clarify this will save you from a whole lot of struggle. There are appropriate actions to take, or not to take, for each phase.
Let’s use the phases of pregnancy and childbirth to understand this:
* If you have a sense of something you are called to do but you don’t know yet what it is, you are in the conception phase and the right thing to do now is simply to wait. Spend time in silence, in nature perhaps, and open yourself for guidance. This phase is full of possibilities, nothing is clear yet, and that is exactly how it should be.
* If you vaguely know what you are called to do, but it has not yet taken form, you are pregnant. You don’t know the gender yet, or how the baby will look, but it is clearly there. Your job now is to nurture yourself and to gather strength. Perhaps you want to prepare the nest before the birth. Patience is needed, remember you cannot push the baby out before it is ready!
* Maybe you already have an infant? You now know the gender, the name and you begin to get a sense of your baby’s personality. Sleepless nights, exhaustion, and the thrill of the new are all parts of this phase, you have to be ready to give everything.
* The toddler needs even more attention as it is beginning to have a sense of will and creativity.
* As the child grows older you have some time now when all is needed from you is gentle steady maintenance and guidance.
* Then you hit the teenage years, which may be a time of obstacles and fierce resistance. Your persistence and guidance is now needed more than ever. Many give up in this phase.
* One day the child has grown up and is ready to live an independent life, this may be the time when you let your project go, and again open yourself to new horizons.
I would love to hear your comments.
Yours, in alignment,
This article was published in our August Awakening Women Newsletter. Subscribe here