Tara ~ The Art of Shakti Alchemy
with Chameli Ardagh & the Awakening Women Team
July 18 – 21, 2019
This is the little piece of earth that you call home, you know this land intimately as a mother. Your hips feel warm and tingling, there is an inward smile radiating through them, reaching me through the mirage of time.
Like a mirror He has arrived, your Beloved, yourself.
His Presence, His warmth, His unwavering vast love. Yes.
You recognized in Him your own splendorous heart, Magdalena, Mygdala, Miriam, Yogini Sister.
You once inhaled the scent of His skin, our Brother of Love, we know you can lead us into the very depth of the love He embodied. We are ready, take us all the way.
Our guide in this weekend intensive is Mary Magdalene and the multifaceted gifts she is bringing to us as the Beloved, the female archetype, the flesh and blood woman, the spiritual teacher in her own right, and as the companion of the Prince of Love.
We will draw inspiration from the text called The Gospel of The Beloved Companion, which describes a profound transmission between Magdalene and Jesus, or Jeshua as he is called here.
In the gospel, Jeshua shows Mary Magdalene a vision. It is a map of awakening consciousness in the form of the The Tree of Life Within. He shows her 8 gates and the challenges she must go through in order to pass through the gates to awaken and embody a more expansive consciousness.
In our retreat, we will travel in the inner realms following the map that he shows her.
About the Practice
First of all: we go deep. We don’t sit around and only “talk about” awakening; we’re all about direct experience. This is a highly experiential path; a lot of the practices are interactive and include movement, expression and also respectful touch. There will be talks and Q&A with Chameli, as well as Women’s Temple practices.
The basis for all spiritual exploration in the Shakti tradition is the insight that that which we are longing for is who we already are. Thus our practice is not toward a goal of attainment in the future; it is a process of melting, of unraveling the wisdom and beauty already inherent in each woman.
Who is this retreat for?
- In order to benefit from this retreat, you need to come prepared to dive fully into the practices, and it is best if you have a basic understanding of feminine/embodied spiritual practice.
- Although there are plenty of breaks to rest and integrate, the Shakti-based embodiment practices can open stronger currents of energy in the body than we are used to.
- We do not spend much time discussing awakening in theoretical matters; we go deep into direct experience through practice.
- These are not therapeutic programs. If you are in any way feeling unstable psychologically or are going through a severe crisis, we ask you to not join this event.
- One of our core practices involves respectful touch. Your boundaries will of course always be respected, but if you feel a strong resistance to touch, this retreat is probably not for you. We practice respectful touch a lot in our circle to bring presence into our bodies and cultivate the capacity to allow more life energy to flow through us.
This weekend retreat will be held in English with German translation.
July 18 – 21, 2019
Thursday 16:00 – Sunday 16:00
Venue Information ::
Wien Brigittenau – Jugendgästehaus
Züricher Straße 35
Program price ::
Full price ~ 500 €
Early bird ~ 450 € (full payment by June 1, 2019)
The seminar fee does not include accomodations.
Cancellation Policy ::
If you need to cancel for any reason, we retain 75 € as an administrative fee.
There will be no refunds starting 21 days before the retreat.
Chameli is the founder of Awakening Women, a yogini and women’s wisdom keeper. Her love of decoding and experimenting with ancient wisdom teachings through her own practice in yogini circles all over the world has crystallized maps of spiritual awakening and leadership that are accessible, practical and honoring of women today. Rooted in earth honoring, devotional women’s spirituality and goddess centered tantric yoga, she is especially appreciated for her love of mythology and storytelling as a key to spiritual awakening and embodiment.