Lodging Options for Portland, Oregon.
Portland offers a variety of options when it comes to lodging. Below you will find a list that includes hotels, Bed and Breakfasts, house rentals and air B&B all at a variety of price points. Once you register, you will be invited to join in the event Facebook group where we can coordinate sharing rooms, car rentals, etc. And if there are any women who live locally who have extra space in their homes to host someone traveling from out of town, this will also be the forum to discuss these options. The studio is a block or so from the Max system, which goes to the convention center (5 minutes or so) and downtown (10 minutes) so anywhere along the Max line is good. There are also a couple B&B’s but you’d have to get an Uber ride there, not very far though. You could walk if the weather isn’t too bad.
- Air B&B – Funky Pad Suite (a friend)
- DoubleTree NE 11th Street near Max drop off
- Courtyard Downtown
- Inn at the convention center
- Quality Inn Downtown Convention Center
- Hotel Eastlund – High Swankage factor
- White House B&B – 1914 NE 22nd
- Lion and Rose B&B – 1810 NE 15th
This is Portland’s light rail system, easy access to where there are many hotels along the way. Here’s the link: https://trimet.org/max/
Walking from Max Stop from 42nd – Hollywood District to SomaSpace
You will be getting off the Max at Hollywood Transit Center, then taking stairs up and to the left. Then you will be walking down steps. There is a 24 hour Fitness you’ll be passing and then you will go straight across the street at the corner/straight across toward the gas station, then cross again in front of Trader Joes. Walk past Trader Joes along Halsey Street and take the first right on 41st. Go to the end of the street and SomaSpace is right there on the corner of 41st and Broadway. Kind of tucked away behind Trader Joes.
Getting to downtown Portland from the Portland Airport (PDX)
It takes 15 or 20 minutes (depending on traffic, could be longer) to get to the venue. There aren’t any hotels within walking distance of SomaSpace. As mentioned above, there’s public transportation Max light rail and Bus that are a block from the studio. You can take the Max light rail from the airport to your destination if it’s along the Max light rail system.
By Car to SomaSpace ~ 4050 NE Broadway Street, Portland OR
It’s a little confusing if you are on Broadway to find this little pocket on Broadway Street. If you see the “Hollywood Theater”, it’s behind the restaurant that is next to the Theater. Parking can be a little tricky. You may have to park on the other side of Broadway on 40th or 41st, and walk a couple blocks, most of the spaces near the venue are 2 hour spaces. So it is better to take the Max if possible.
- From the SOUTH, take I-5 to I-84 to NE Cesar Chavez exit. Take a left over the freeway, a right onto Sandy Blvd, then stay to the right. There’s a funky lane to the right that you want to take, and A-Boy is on the corner. SomaSpace is at the end of that block on Broadway
- From the WEST, I-26E to I-84 follow the same directions as above from I-84 onward.
- From the NORTH, I-5N to I-84 follow the same directions as above from I-84 onward.
- From the EAST, I-84W to NE 43rd, take a left off the exit, go past Trader Joe’s and take the first right. SomaSpace is at the end of the block on the left.
Fly into Portland Airport (PDX). From the airport you can take a bus, rent a car, or take a shuttle. Taxi, Uber or Max light rail are the best options. You aren’t going to be far from wherever you are staying, so it won’t be expensive for any of the options. Taxi is $25 including tip from near Soma Space to the airport. Max light rail tickets can be purchased at the airport.