The Sacred Gift of Oil
by Melanie Matschinsky
Over the last couple of years, I have discovered the healing impact of oils on my body. They soothe my nervous system, nurture my body and my being and help me feel more grounded.
The are many different ways to use essential oils.
Here are a few of mine:
- In wintertime and any time I feel ungrounded with a lot of anxiety in my body, I use warm sesame oil and rub it on the bottom of my feet before I go to bed. You can also apply warm sesame oil to your whole body, and let it soak in for 10 minutes before taking a shower. This practice helps me ground, relax and feel connected again.
- During summertime, I would often wake up in the middle of the night, so I always have rose oil next to my bed which I also put on the bottom of my feet. This instantly makes me fall asleep again.
- Some other oils I use are:
– Amber oil – for grounding
– Rose oil – to open my heart and my senses
– Arnica & lemon oil – for clarity and relaxation
– Coconut oil – to nurture and protect my skin in the summer (has a sunscreen and cooling effect)
- I invite you to choose your favorite oil and give yourself a sensual full-body massage. Taking it slowly and deeply, feeling into the sensations of your body while gently massaging yourself and whispering the beautiful mantra, “Thank you. I love you”.
Happy oiling, Sisters!
Melanie Matschinsky is part of the German Awakening Women Team. She pours all her love and devotion into the German Women’s Wisdom School as well as the German Facebook and Yogini Sadhana Groups. She is deeply in love with the Yogini Path and awakening deeper into her body, into life and into mystery. AwakeningWomen.com